Thursday, February 13, 2014

How to setup virtual SQL 2012 cluster on windows 2012R2 VM using SCVMM2012R2 Part-2

Post windows cluster validation describe in part1, prerequisite like  .Net3.5 feature must be installed on all the SQL server. Other than it will be normal windows fail over cluster and then start SQL setup as follows.

image 

It will check for necessary support files and then validated it by running test

image

Next it will check for the latest update , uncheck it and click next

image

This will check install file post which it will run the validation for setup support rules

image

Setup rules will finish with some warning which can be ignored

image

Now this will ask for product key and if this has already downloaded with key then it will appear

image

For my Citrix XenDesktop deployment I just need following feature

image

Feature rules will test for cluster support

image

Here I am using  network name as CitrixSQL. It does not accept special character

image

Next it will check validate the space

image

Don’t worry about qualified as red . I spend lots of time figuring that out but next will explain why it was . So hit next here

image

Once hit next make sure select both the cluster disk. If you recall in my previous post, I did mention why labeling of disk is mandatory. This was the reason. Update the message with correct reference.

image

This cluster IP is for SQL cluster node name.

image

I usually run SQL service using specific account

image

Next we have server config  where I specify SA password

image

On the same option Data Directories tab is important. This will insure that database and logs stored separately. After changing click on next.

imageI don’t want to do error reporting to MS so I hit next where it check for cluster installation rules.

image

With this we are ready to install and keep our finger crossed

image

For me SQL installation finish with the following error message

image

I followed article and manually created  the cluster resource under AD and then gave full control to windows cluster name. Post which all the resource came online.

image

No comments: