Monday, July 8, 2013

How to remove arrogant VM from VMM

I had a trouble with VMM server itself when it was not allowing to update VM status . I tried using Hyper-V server console as well fail over cluster console . But nothing use to change the status of VM. I rebooted Hyper-V server itself but that also did not change the status of VM host name. Finally I saw blog which explain steps to remove VM from VMM console forcefully. I was not sure if that will delete the VM from storage as well.

Status of VMM vm was like this

image

I made copy of the VM on the storage to be on safer side. Then  I ran following command . First command to ensure that I am able to connect to VMM server via PS. Next two command is to remove VMM arrogant VM from VMM console.

image

After running above command status of VM were changed and I was able to choose all the status

 image

No comments: