Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vmotion between esx3.5 and 4.0 host; Error VMotion is not license

I was testing if HA/DRS cluster can exist with ESX 4.0 and 3.5 . You can have full fledge DRS enabled cluster. But there is some bug.

I forgot to set vmotion enable on my vSwitch (normal manual mistake which people does ) and I was testing vmotion from 4.0 host to 3.5. It was giving me weird message

I called VMware license support guy and he/she (since they put me on mute) directly went to vSwitch and changed the setting. I am pretty sure they knew this error message in-hand. As you can have look at error and you can understand it is completely misguiding. This 3.5 host was part of VC2.5 HA/DRS cluster. Was wondering how come it will not be licensed?

Let’s see if VMware already had fix or accept it as bug.

No comments: